To make your vacation as worry-free as possible, GL Tours offers travel insurance through Travel Guard with all of our travel packages. We strongly recommend insurance to protect your investment, travel with security and peace-of-mind knowing that you are covered in an emergency.
Contact GL Tours for a quote or click on the link below.
The most common question we receive from clients is, “Do I need travel insurance?” We hope this information is helpful to make a decision.
Why Buy Travel Insurance?
- If a family member gets sick…
- If your baggage is lost…
- If you miss a flight connection…
- If your trip is delayed…
- If you lose your job…
You can be covered.
- If you lose your passport…
- If you have a medical emergency…
- If you need a medical evacuation…
- If you need to make last minute hotel accommodations…
Travel Guard can help!
From 24-hour emergency travel assistance to an entire suite of comprehensive travel insurance products to fit any family and budget, Travel Guard plans are your top source for covering your next trip.
10 Reasons to Purchase Travel Insurance
There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while traveling.
To demonstrate the importance of purchasing travel insurance, and emergency travel services, here are 10 common examples of what could go wrong.
- It’s 10 p.m. and you and your immediate family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight, only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to get everyone home?
- Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
- Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
- You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation?
- If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
- You arrive in Costa Rica but your luggage doesn’t. If it’s lost, who will help you find it? If it’s delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it’s stolen, who will pay to replace it?
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses? Who will help get you to your destination?
- You’re walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?
- Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in the city to which you are planning to visit. Who will pay if you want to cancel your trip?
- You are at a beach resort in Belize, and you are forced to evacuate due to an approaching hurricane. Who will help you evacuate and who will reimburse your lost vacation investment?
We’ve chosen Travel Guard to partner with GL Tours because they have an excellent reputation for customer service and offer the best travel assistance in the industry.
Automatically included with your policy, Travel Guard provides 24-hour emergency travel assistance. Whether you need help finding medical care halfway around the world, making emergency arrangements to return home or obtaining an emergency cash advance, you can access their toll-free hotline from anywhere in the world, any time of day.
Travel Insurance FAQ
This is a brief description of some of the insurance benefits and travel services provided. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania Insurance Company (NAIC #19445) and a member of the AIG Companies®, with their principal place of business at 70 Pine Street, New York, NY 10270, currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Coverages may not be available in all states.
GL Tours is not a licensed insurance agent and cannot answer technical questions about the benefits, exclusions and conditions of this insurance policy.
The purchase of travel insurance is no required in order to purchase travel arrangements with GL Tours, but is strongly recommended.
Emergency Travel Services are provided by Travel Guard, not GL Tours.
As of 3/2015 – contact your agent for the most up-to-date information.